How a Property Assessment Works When Selling a Luxury Home
When it comes to luxury real estate, the Edmonton market has quite a selection. We love these types of homes. They make our job thoroughly enjoyable. The beautiful features you’ve added to your home get us excited about marketing your home to potential buyers. There comes a time, though, when your home will have to undergo a property assessment. All real estate for sale on the Edmonton market has to go through this process. What can you expect from your luxury evaluation?
Selling a Luxury Home: What a Real Estate Assessment Will Mean for You
In some cases, a luxury home assessment may take longer than average. However, we will push for your assessment to go through as soon as possible. The appraisal process will be similar to that of an average property.
The appraiser will:
- Research similar properties to come up with a preliminary appraisal.
- Do a visual evaluation of your property, taking pictures and making notes about all of the luxurious amenities you’ve added to your home.
- Completely evaluate all of the information they have on hand from the preliminary appraisal and the visual appraisal.
- Write a report detailing how they came up with the monetary value of your home.
The value of your home is sure to increase if you’ve made sure of the following:
- The interior and exterior of your home are in good condition.
- The property is well maintained and safe.
- The interior has added amenities, like high-quality flooring, countertops, custom cabinets, 100% wool or other natural fiber carpets, vaulted ceilings, double-paned windows, high-quality lighting, and more.
- The exterior has added amenities, like a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, quality landscaping, an on-site sauna, a multiple car garage, an outdoor kitchen.
When you build your home with high standard specifications, you can be sure that the property assessment will be in your favour. The value of your home will probably end up being more than you anticipated, and that’s a happy surprise when selling a luxury home.
Have you decided to sell your luxury home? We would love to help you market your home and guide you through every step of the sales process, including the property assessment. Contact us via email or phone to schedule a consultation.